Happy new year from all of us at Advanced Dental Center, PC. It’s the perfect time for reflection at another year gone by and making resolutions for the one to come. Self improvement is a great way to make these cold winter nights a little bit brighter after all.
Taking good care of your mouth, teeth and gums is a worthy goal in and of itself. Good oral and dental hygiene can help prevent bad breath, tooth decay, and gum disease — and can help you keep your teeth as you get older lessening the chance of expensive replacement procedures.
Here are some strategies that if followed will give you a brighter, healthier smile in the coming year:
- Brush More Often. Brushing your teeth is crucial to good dental care. Brushing every day protects your teeth from decay and gum disease, which is caused by your teeth’s most persistent enemy, plaque – a sticky, colorless, invisible film of harmful bacteria that builds up on your teeth. Professionals recommend that you brush your teeth at least twice a day.
- Floss Every Day. No matter your age, flossing once each and every day is the BEST way to insure a healthy smile. According to the Academy of General Dentistry, only flossing can remove plaque from between teeth and below the gumline, where decay and gum disease often begins. Because diseases of the mouth can affect the rest of your body, it is especially important to maintain good oral health.
- Eat (& Drink) Better. The most popular resolution each year is diet. We all want to look better, improve our physical appearance and become healthier. Eating well is important for your dental health. Poor nutrition can affect the entire immune system, increasing susceptibility to many common oral disorders, including gum (periodontal) disease. Antioxidants and other nutrients found in fruits, vegetables, legumes, and nuts improve your body’s ability to fight bacteria and inflammation, helping to protect your teeth and gums.
- Curb Bad Habits. Nervous habits and addictions are bad for your teeth. Smoking for instance will stain your teeth, damage your gums and can cause oral cancer, and that’s just for starters. Breaking a habit is always an uphill battle, but there’s no better time than the start of the new year.
- See Professional dentist for Regular Checkups. By seeing professional dentist at least twice a year, you can help prevent any dental health problems before they cause discomfort or require more comprehensive or expensive treatment. Regular visits allow your dentist to monitor your oral health and recommend a dental health regimen to address areas of concern. You can book Free consultation and use our online appointment request form.
- Smile More. Smiling can improve productivity, energy and atmosphere at work. It can make shopping easier, and it can lead to social interaction you had closed yourself off to. Advanced Dental Center, PC alone cannot bring smiles to everyone in the world, but that won’t stop us from trying to make it easier for you. We can turn that frown upside down and repair your teeth so you’ll be proud to smile. We will be happy to help you with any advice we can, don’t hesitate to contact us.
We Wish You A Merry Christmas And Happy New Year From The Advanced Dental Center, PC!
WE ARE CLOSED ON CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR!